Cottos Medical has created Cycleo, which is considered as a “bike from today to age better tomorrow”. Indeed, this bike is a connected bicyle for care facilities for elderly. Explanations…
Cycleo, monitoring of cognitive performance is now playful
Cycleo, the bike by Cottos Medical, automatically captures various sets of data, allowing the analysis of the user’s cognitive performances and adjusting the difficulty to his or her fatigue, mental or physical health or capacities.
Michel PROHEL, co-founder of Cottos Medical, explains: “When dependence occurs and cogitive skills decrease, we still need to relax, to re-energize ourselves and to change place, space and time”.
Advantages of Cycleo
For the residents using the bicyle
- To practice a soft and useful physical activity
- To stay in a familiar and controlled environment
- To measure the evolution of the cognitive performances in a transparent and non-intrusive way.
The elderly person enters a virtual world where he or she can move safely.
Virtual reality enables the user to:
- Find his or her way in various places
- Memorize a ride
- Be confident again
- Maintain his or her cognitive abilities
- Build new memories
- Ressurrect old memories.
For the nursing auxiliary
- A privileged relationship with the resident
- Ti alow a moment of exchange and limit the risks of agitation and runaway
- To prevent the cognitive degeneration and reduce the consumption of medication
- To prevent the muscles atrophy and reduce the risk of falling.
Watch the presentation (in French):