On May 2017, during the gala dinner of the 1st International Congress of Active Tourism for All, the Design for All Foundation award ceremony took place. Discover the winners in the following article.
International Design for All Foundation Award Ceremony : 8th edition
For this edition, the Foundation awarded a total of 36 projects from 13 different countries as “Good Practices 2016”.
These “Good Practices” were then assessed in terms of their relevance, methodology, outputs, impact and innovation by an international jury to select the five winners. Four Special mentions were also given.
Who are the winners?
Category: Spaces, products and services already in use
- Mímisbrunnr Climate Park 2469 – Our times’ knowledge source in Jotunheimen is accessible to everyone (Oppland County Council) – Norway
- EVA Facial Mouse (CREA Software Systems and Vodafone Spain Foundation) – Spain
- Accessibility to religious heritage in five temples in the Historic Center of the city of Puebla (Re Genera Espacio and @ 0.0 Arquitectos) – Mexico
Category: Projects, proposals, methodologies and studies
- On Thin Ice – Emergency and Disaster Preparedness for Persons with Disabilities in Canada’s Arctic North (GAATES) – Canada
- aim4it-Accessible and inclusive mobility for all with individual travel assistance (Wiener Linien GmbH & Co KG) – Austria
Special Mentions 2017 // Category: Spaces, products and services already in use
- Seable active holidays for physically and visually impaired people (Seable Ltd) – United Kingdom
- Sjöängen centre of culture and knowledge in Askersund (Askersund municipality) – Sweden
- Inland region universal designed by 2025 from vision to strategy (Cooperation between the regional county councils of Oppland and Hedmark) – Norway
- Travolta Suite Astoria7 (Hotel Astoria7) – Spain
Read more: The International Design for All Foundation Awards 2016
Published by the Editorial Staff on