The 2nd Nursing Home Research International Working Group (NHRIWG) will take in Barcelona, Spain, on November 9 and 10.
Keep track of nursing home care research
Despite population ageing and an increasing number of institutionalised seniors, clinical research in nursing homes is still all too scarce. To spur on new studies and give more visibility to the ones already completed, the Second Nursing Home Research International Working Group will take place on November 9 and 10.
Experts from all around the world will present various studies and examine the results of research conducted in nursing homes, as well as its applicability in day-to-day practice. It is an opportunity to keep track of ongoing nursing home care studies and promote existing knowledge among nursing home professionals.
Discussed topics will include:
- Possibilities to use the International Prevalence Measurement of Care Problems (LPZ-Intrenational) to improve and monitor quality of basis care in Nursing Homes
- Palliative Care and Care Homes – the PACE project: a randomised controlled trial intervention study across seven European countries
- Structurally involving and empowering stakeholders in the nursing home: the use of Participatory Action Research
- Urinary tract infections in nursing homes
- Diagnosis of dementia in nursing home
- Dysphagia and nutrition in nursing home residents
- Anticipatory treatment and care plans for care home residents
- Nursing home medicine: in the triangle of geriatric medicine, rehabilitation and palliative care
- Patients with Korsakoff syndrome living in specialised long-term care facilities, what do we know?
Call for abstract
A call for abstracts has been issued : abstracts will be submitted online, on the event’s website, before June 30, 2016. Submissions for late breaking news are still accepted between August 29 and September 12, 2016.
Date and location
9-10 November 2016
Location : Crowne Plaza Barcelona – Fira Center
Av. de Rius i Taulet, 1-3, 08004 Barcelona, Spain
Participants must register on the event’s website.